Shakespeare at Vassar
On exhibit September - December 7, 2016
A new exhibition launched by the Vassar College Libraries marks the 400th anniversary of the death of William Shakespeare and reviews the ways in which the college has interacted with the Bard’s work. Shakespeare at Vassar will be on view in the Thompson Memorial Library September 6-December 7. A reception featuring readings and music will be held on Tuesday, September 20, 5:30pm, in the library’s Class of ’51 Reading Room. An alumnae/i panel discussion, “Shakespeare 400 at Vassar,” will be held on November 7, 5:30pm, in Rockefeller Hall, room 200. All events are free and open to the public.
- Teaching Shakespeare At Vassarby Zoltán Márkus
- Shakespeare in Special CollectionsBy Ronald Patkus
- “That which is finest and best”: Performing Shakespeare at VassarBy Denise Walen
- Shakespeare in Drawings and Paintings from the Frances Lehman Loeb Art CenterBy Elizabeth Nogrady
- The Vassar Shakespeare GardenBy Leslie Dunn