Go to navigation (press enter key)
- Facsimile of first edition of Leaves of Grass (1855) by Walt Whitman, 1855.
- Third Edition of Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman, 1860.
- Drum Taps by Walt Whitman, 1865.
- John Burroughs, “Walt Whitman and his Drum Taps” in The Galaxy, December 1866.
- Broadside announcing the sale of Walt Whitman and John Burroughs books (reproduction), 1872.
- Autographed letter signed by Brown Goode to John Burroughs, 1877.
- Autographed letter signed by Rudolph Schmidt to John Burroughs, 1877.
- “The Flight of the Eagle” in Birds and Poets by John Burroughs, 1877.
- Color postcards and brochure relating to Whitman birthplace, n.d.
- Specimen Days by Walt Whitman, 1882.
- Essays from “The Critic,” 1882.
- Photograph of Walt Whitman at Ocean Grove, 1883.
- “A Salt Breeze” in Signs and Seasons by John Burroughs.
- Autographed letter signed by Walt Whitman to John Burroughs, 1889.
- Camden’s Compliment to Walt Whitman by Horace Traubel, 1889.
- At the Graveside of Walt Whitman (The Conservator, April, 1892)
- Photograph of Walt Whitman gravesite.
- Booklet “Goodbye and Hail, Walt Whitman,” 1892.
- “Walt Whitman and His Recent Critics,” by John Burroughs in In Re Walt Whitman by Horace Traubel, 1893.
- “Whitman’s Self-Reliance,” by John Burroughs in Walt Whitman Fellowship Papers by Walt Whitman, 1894.
- Whitman: A Study by John Burroughs, 1896.
- Poems of Walt Whitman, with biographical introduction by John Burroughs, 1902.
- Whitman Centenary at Vassar program, May 1919.
- “Whitman the Incarnation of Democracy,” in Vassar Miscellany News, May 7, 1919.
- Photograph of John Burroughs at Whitman Centenary.
- “Poet of the Cosmos” in Accepting the Universe by John Burroughs, 1920.
- Photograph of John Burroughs, 1921.
- Postcard photograph of John Burroughs’ last resting place.
- Whitman and Burroughs, Comrades, by Clara Barrus, 1931.